Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sea of Self Inflicted Misery

As a grand mother and as one who can speak from experience I write to my grand child. On 9/11/`86 I took my last drink of alcohol. I am qualified to speak about this horrible addiction.

You already know where I am going with this so you can delete it if you do not want to read it.

I write this out of my love for you. Because I do not want you to suffer by your own hand any longer.

You know about my past bout with alcohol. I hoped you would have been wise enough to learn from my mistake but this did not happen. As it is said, a wise man learns from his mistakes BUT a wiser man learns from others mistakes.

There is NO person, organization, church, book not even AA that can keep you sober without you wanting to be sober. You are calling the shots not anyone or anything else.

Here I go with bringing God into the picture but then you know me. Once I was sober then I could think clearly. I knew beyond a doubt that I needed God in my life. I knew without God I would not make it for the rest of my life. I knew without God I probably would not stay sober. I was way too weak to pull this off by myself.

You need God also. If you do not stop drinking you have been told you will die. Once the liver has had it you are pretty much done.

Think about your children. You say you love them. Prove it to them by staying sober. There should not be anything that would keep you from your children not even alcohol. Again you are calling the shots.

I love you dearly. You are hurting many people who love you by drinking. Please do not give in to this addiction again.

You do not have to do this. IF your grand mother chose to stay sober so can you. Once you get sober ask God to help you. Any one and any thing else will fail for you I know from experience.

Give this some thought. If you die drunk according to scripture 1 Corinthians 6:10 NO drunkard can inherit the kingdom of God. You will say but I was baptized as a baby and I am going to heaven, wrong. Or I walked the aisle, I said the sinners pray and was baptized so I am once saved always saved, wrong again.

You need to check into what God says IF you care about where you will spend all eternity. There is NO way I will depend on any human being with my soul.

I needed to tell you I love you and please read my letter carefully. Since I have been there and done that I know what I am talking about.

Grand ma

No comments: