Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Part two Definition of truth or a lie

I have been a follower of Jesus Christ for over twenty years. I was gloriously saved while in a bible study in August of 1988.

Most of my adult life I was a drunk. I do not call myself a alcoholic since the word cushions what I really was. A drunk is what people are who are addicted to alcohol. Harsh, I do not think so.

I was killing myself with alcohol. I knew if I did not stop I would die. There was something inside of me that told me i was dieing. I decided to tell my family I was going to a clinic to dry out.

I took my last drink 9/11/86 at a clinic in Texas. I dried out and was afraid to leave the clinic. I knew what was waiting for me on the outside and I felt I might go back to drinking.

The counselor told me since I was so afraid to leave that place I would probably be one of the few who would not drink again. She was right but it was God who kept me clean not my fear. I would always give God the glory for keeping me away from the drug that almost killed me.

After I got my mind back enough where I could make sense of anything I knew I needed God in my life. I kept telling Jim, my husband that I needed something spiritual in my life. I did not tell Jim I needed God although I was very sure it was God I needed. Little did I know I was being drwan to God by his Holy Spirit.

Jim told me over and over that we would go talk to a Catholic Priest. That did not happen and today I can see why it did not happen.


Continued on part 3

No comments: