Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday and up coming "pagan" holiday.

Today is called Black Friday. The so called best shopping day of the year. I did not go shopping. I would have had to drive 70 miles round trip to get the "bargains". Personally I could not see any reason to go where so many people are. Pushing and shoving is not my kind of thing.

Most people go shopping to buy gifts for the up coming "pagan" holiday, called Christmas. As a True Believer and who is trying hard to be obedient to the word of God I am commanded by God, Please read Jeremiah 10:1-4. God did not say please do not he said do not learn the ways of the heathen. REMEMBER this is a commandment FROM God.

If one will check into the or origins of Christmas you will soon see it is pagan to the core. As are ALL the holidays except for Thanksgiving day. The information is easy to find on the Internet or at your local library.

This will go right over the head of the "pew sitter" but the Body of Christ already knows about the pagan holidays. WE know BECAUSE we are in the bible and we know what God says about the evil practice of the ways of the heathen.

Tradition WILL be allowed over the word of God in what I think is in ALL churches. People will say, "but my grand parents and my parents always celebrated these holidays. I know that. But think about this. Your grand parents and parents were NOT in the bible any more that you are IF they celebrated Christmas, Easter. Valentines day , Halloween ( really called devils night) and so on and on.

My mother celebrated these two so called Christian holidays, Christmas and Easter. BECAUSE she had NEVER read the bible all the way through she never saw what I saw when I read Jeremiah 10:1-4. The first time that I read Jeremiah 10: 1-4 I was convicted about what I was told not to do. That year we put a tree up and the next year I was so convicted I could not put the tree up.

I had to choose between what the bible said OR continue in tradition. I chose the way God told me to go.

As the true Believers learn what God commands us to do we try hard to be obedient. The whole bible from cover to cover is about being obedient to the word of God.
I can talk all day about the bible to a true believer about the bible because we are of same like mind. The "pew sitter" only knows what he has been taught from the preacher ( who was taught)
or a Sunday school class teacher ( who was taught) about man made doctrines.

HUGE difference between what God teaches and what man teaches. The fact is we all have to make choices. I made mine and I am sure IF you are a child of God you also have made the right choice.

The Word of God separates the Body of Christ from the "pew sitter." READ Luke 12:51-52 & 53. Jesus said in verse 51, " Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on the earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division; read the other verses closely.

It is the word of God that will cause the separation from tradition to being obedient to God. The world will hate us. Jesus said," because the world hated me first it will hate you.

Knowing this we must be prepared for how the world will look at the true Church of God. We are already hated and are disgusting to the worldly people.

Pray along with me that God will continue to prepare the Body of Christ for what is coming our way. That God will protect his own up until prophecy will be fulfilled.

God will give everyone a chance to be saved. What one does with that chance will be up to each person. The narrow way will be less and less followed but the broad way will have billions follow it.
Hope this will encourage many to read the bible. It is the ONLY truth any where.

Secure In Christ,

Mary



No comments: